Monday, 7 January 2013

# 311 Flapjacks with marshmallows, salted peanuts and pistachios

Well, the holidays are over and it's back to school for most children in the UK which also means going back to preparing packed lunches!

I always like to include a little something for A. to have during his morning break so I make flapjacks quite often. Back in June I posted a recipe for flapjacks that A. brought home from school and that's the one I've been making ever since but the other day I decided to make a few changes which I think worked very well. A. certainly seemed to like them as they didn't last for very long. Hope you enjoy them too.



Flapjacks with marshmallows, salted peanuts and pistachios

2 cups oats
1 cup plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup golden caster sugar
1 cup salted peanuts and pistachios
Handful of marshmallows ( I used mini marshmallows because that's what I had at the time)
250g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup

Preheat the oven to 160 ÂșC/Gas Mark 4. Grease a foil tray or line a baking tray with baking paper.

In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Melt the butter with the golden syrup and the marshmallows in a saucepan over a low heat and then add to the dry ingredients mixing well.

Press into the tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and carefully mark the squares with a knife. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and removing the flapjacks from the tray.

Enjoy!

Paula