Friday, 15 July 2011

# 98 Fridays recipes: Chocolate chip brownies


I made these chocolate chip brownies last Friday for my husband's birthday, the recipe used is from the booklet that came with my brownie pan but as I didn't have all the ingredients listed I made a few changes as below.

Chocolate chip brownies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate chips (I used half a bar of chocolate and cut it into small pieces)

 Cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Line the brownie pan with baking parchment and grease the divider. Pour the batter into the pan and spread. Press divider into batter and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 35 minutes, check with a skewer to see if they're cooked and remove from the oven. Cool on a wire rack.


Enjoy :-)



Paula