Thursday, 7 July 2011

# 95 Fridays recipes: Banana & Oats Muffins

I like bananas as a fruit but I don't like banana flavoured foods such as yoghurts, milk shakes, etc. However the other day at a PTA cake sale I tried a banana muffin someone had made (they looked so delicious) and was pleasantly surprised so I made a mental note to look for recipes online and to try and make some banana muffins for us. I also wanted to use  some of the porridge oats I have in the cupboard and so this recipe was just the thing.

I made a few changes to the ingredients used as follows.



Banana & Oats Muffins

2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup oats
3 tablespoons honey
2 eggs
3/4 creme fraiche (only because I didn't have any yoghurt)
100g butter softened
2 ripe bananas, mashed


Follow the instructions on the recipe website, the only thing I did differently was I didn't sift the flour.



Personally, I loved these muffins as a breakfast alternative to my usual toast. Husband and son not so much although A. did have 1 or 2 with his milk for breakfast. I think next time I make these I'll make a few more changes maybe try with different fruits, dry fruits and/or nuts.


Paula