Tuesday, 15 February 2011

# 37 A mild curry recipe

When I plan our weekly meals I like to introduce a new dish now and then for a little variety and the other day it occurred to me that it's been many years since I last had curry.

Sometimes my mum would make curry for Sunday lunch and although I can't remember what it tasted like I know we all loved it. The recipe was completely different from mine, much more time consuming and I remember it included apple and coconut milk.

Anyway, this recipe is very mild and easy to make. My son loves it and likes to take 2 or 3 pieces of the meat in a pitta bread in his packed lunch.

On to the recipe then:

1 tub of crème fraiche (300 ml)
Concentrated tomato puree (2 tablespoons)
Mild curry powder (2 teaspoons)
Garam massala (1 teaspoon)
Ground turmeric (1 teaspoon)
Ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
Fresh coriander
Turkey steaks
Small onion
Olive oil
Rice

In a plastic container mix well the crème fraiche with the concentrated tomato puree and then add the spices (curry, ground turmeric, ground cumin and garam massala), season with salt and mix well.



Cut the turkey steaks into strips and marinate in the créme fraiche, make sure the meat is well covered. Let it marinate for at least a couple of hours before cooking.



Finely slice the onion and put in a frying pan with a little olive oil and let it cook for a few minutes then add the meat and the crème fraiche mixture, cover with a lid and let it cook over a low heat stirring occasionally. While the meat is cooking make the white rice.

When the meat is done, sprinkle with some chopped fresh coriander and serve.


Ooops, I seem to have forgotten the coriander but it was still yummy.

Enjoy :-)




Paula